Through the Vernon Neighborhood Association, neighbors old and new can work together to shape the future of our neighborhood – from Alberta Street to Alberta Park – by taking on projects, taking up issues, and taking action together.
It's rewarding to have an impact
Here are some of the things we've done together as neighbors in the past few years:
- Annual neighborhood cleanup day in May
- Annual movie in the park in August
- Provide feedback and input on development planned in Vernon addresses
- Provide representation and input to the Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods
- Host in-person dialogues with government reps, police and neighbors on livability, safety, crime and other issues in our neighborhood
It's easy to get involved
The VNA has an all-volunteer board, elected each October. Our board meets the 3rd Wednesday of most months in the Sunroom at Salt & Light Lutheran Church (across from Alberta Park). All meetings are open to the public. In 2015 we're working to make our meetings a great place to get plugged in. Every couple of months we have a neighborhood mixer. Watch the space at the upper right of this page for upcoming details.
The easiest way to follow our activities is on the VNA Facebook page, or by signing up for our newsletter at right.
Become a Member
If you live in the boundaries of the Vernon neighborhood, you just fill out the simple membership form below (or at a board meeting) to declare yourself a member. Business and organizational representatives are also eligible (see bylaws for restrictions). There is no cost to join the organization because we are sponsored by the Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement.